<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> Northwest, Oregon, Washington law firm attorney lawyer recovering wages and pay including overtime wages and minimum wages along with penalties, late payment penalties, and double damages for employees by use of individual and class action law suits against employers

Northwest WageLaw, LLC

A  t  t  o  r  n  e  y  s        a  t         L  a  w

If you have unpaid wages and your employment terminated for any reason, you have the right to recover your unpaid wages. In Oregon, you may also have a right to recover an additional amount of money calculated as up to 30 days of wages at your regular rate of pay. This additional amount is a penalty and consists of “continuation wages.” That is because the statute provides that if the employer willfully violates the timelines set out below, then your wages “continue” until paid or until you commence suit to recover the wages. The amount is capped at 30 days of wages.


Therefore, if you have wages of ANY amount which remain unpaid after termination of your employment, fill out the form on this website and someone will contact you very soon to discuss the facts of your case and how much additional money you may be entitled to.


How much you are entitled to depends on how your employment terminated. If you quit without notice of any kind, your employer has five business days or until your next regular payday to pay you all wages due. If the employer does not deliver your wages to you by this date, then the penalty wages begin to accumulate each day. The statute provides that the employer has complied with the statute if the employer mails the wages by the date specified.


If you gave at least two days notice of any kind, then the employer MUST pay you all wages due on the last day of your employment. If the employer fails to pay all wages due on that date, then the penalty wages start to accumulate each day.


If you and the employer agree on a time for your employment to terminate, then the employer must pay all wages due on the last day of employment.


The employer has some ways to minimize the penalty. If you demand the wages and the employer pays all the wages due within 12 days, then the penalty is capped at the amount of the unpaid wages. The employer is not entitled to this limit if the employer has paid any other person late within the 12 month period before the termination of your employment. After the 12 days have passed, the employer is not entitled to any cap on the amount of the penalty except for the basic 30 day limit.


The key to this penalty is the concept of unpaid wages. As discussed elsewhere on this website, an employer may owe you wages for many reasons: unpaid off the clock work, unpaid overtime, unpaid minimum wages, an unlawful deduction taken at any time, mis-classification of an employee as exempt from overtime, etc., etc. The point is that if the employer owes ANY wages, no matter how little, after the employment terminates, then the employee is entitled to seek recovery of penalty wages as well. Often, the amount of the penalty exceeds the amount of the wages due.


Therefore, if you have any reason to believe that you have unpaid wages of ANY amount, no matter how little, but you think it may not be worthwhile to undertake a lawsuit to recover those wages, you should fill out the form on this website. It is most probable that you are also entitled to recover a substantial penalty in addition to the unpaid wages. Do not wait, fill out the form now and someone from Northwest WageLaw, LLC will contact you very soon to discuss your case.


Northwest WageLaw, LLC
9220 SW Barbur Blvd
Suite 119-312
Portland OR 97219-5428
Telephone: (503) 295-0431
Fax: (503) 265-8244

EMAIL: Information@NorthwestWageLaw.com


Disclaimer: The information provided in this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this website consitutes legal advice or opinion. DO NOT act upon this information without first consulting an attorney. No attorney-client relationship is formed by visiting this website and until agreed to in writing. By using this site, you agree that you have read this disclaimer and agree its terms of use.